Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Google Docs

I looked into Google Docs this evening. There are a lot of nice features on it. Our instructions tell us that "The real power of Google Docs comes into play when you share them with other people..." I initially thought that people had to create an account to look at/edit your document - but you can change the settings so that anyone you invite can view your document without an account, which is nice. One advantage that I do see is that not everyone has MS Word (or your particular word processing program) on their computer. With Google docs you wouldn't have to worry about someone else not being able to open your document (or you not being able to open it on another computer). Also, another advantage might be that your document would be saved on Google docs and you wouldn't have to worry about carrying a flash drive with you or a computer malfunction. Hopefully, your document would be safe there. I don't know if I will use Google docs in the future or not - but I can see some advantages to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment