Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Podcasts

I think that one of the biggest issues with creating podcasts for our library would be staff time. I don't know that we have enough extra time in the week to prepare for and create a podcast. And I honestly don't know whether people would really listen to them, whether it would be worth the effort. If we were going to do podcasts I guess maybe book reviews or storytimes or updates on programs might be things that patrons would be interested in. But I honestly don't feel that at this time we would get many people listening to them and as such I don't feel that it would be worth our staff time. This is not to say, or course, that it isn't wonderful for other libraries. I believe that we should reach out to the public in every way that we can, but, naturally, every library is dealing with different demographics, budgets, staff, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment