Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Youtube

I have used youtube a fair amount and have a general idea about what it is. I have also looked at many of the library videos out there. Many of them are quite good and some are pretty funny. I think they are cool and would be fun to make at my library. Although honestly, I don't know how effective they are at reaching out to the public. I doubt that the average person sitting at home watching youtube is going to search for library videos. And even if they do happen to stumble across a library video - is that going to make them rush out to their nearest library? I think that one thing it can do is help to change people's attitudes towards libraries. Especially for the people involved in making them. I think that the making of a youtube video with your teens will do more for the library then someone just happening to catch the video online.

No comments:

Post a Comment